When the word computerised pops up, technology and automation springs to mind. The same is true for sewing machines and advances in technology have had an impact on the machines that are available today. Traditionally, sewing machines would have had manual or mechanical functionality, although in more recent times, computerised sewing machines have become available for the home. Here, we look into what the advantages are of owning and operating a computerised sewing machine.
What’s the Difference Between Mechanical and Computerised Sewing Machines?
The differences between the two types of sewing machines is where some of the clear benefits can be identified. Although just because one is computerised and the other isn’t, doesn’t necessarily mean one is better than the other and an important fact to consider is the type of sewing you want to be doing.
Essentially the difference comes down to the structure of the machine. Mechanical sewing machines operate from manual functionalities, whereas computerised machines use automated features. These automated processes are one advantage to using a computerised sewing machine.
Computerised Sewing Machine Benefits
- Automated processes: computerised machines are operated digitally through either buttons and a screen or fully touch screen controls. Screens provide clear and easy to follow stitch functions and programs. Following from this, the built-in processes that are available include such things as automatic needle threaders, automatic presser foot pressure control, programmable needle up/down and automatic tension. These automated features can save valuable time and effort once you’re comfortable applying them.
- A variety of makes and models to choose from: from entry-level machines, perfect for those just at the start of their sewing journey to more advanced machines for the seasoned sewer. The range (and price range) of computerised sewing machines gives you plenty of options to choose from. Our range of computerised sewing machines is available to view on our online store.
- A wide range of stitches and patterns: with a computerised machine at your fingertips, you also get access to a multitude of stitch and pattern variations, many of which are built in. Not only do they come with a lot of stitches as standard, they also have the ability to create and save stitch sequences.
- Reliability in the finished product: the accuracy of using a computerised machine means you will produce consistent results and stitching of great quality every single time. The computer does the hard work, so you don’t have to.
- Simple and straightforward to use: once you get to grips with the layout and the controls, your sewing will be simplified. Enjoy using stitches and patterns you might not have done before with a manual machine, knowing that the computer will help to produce a great finish. Save time, energy and resources with the technology of a computerised machine.
Get Your Computerised Sewing Machine Today
At Sewing Direct, we have a wealth of expertise in sewing machines and computerised machines in particular. If you are unsure of which one is right for you, get in touch with us and we will be happy to help you choose the right machine.