Saturday Dressmaking Surgery
with Tracey Symonds (2016 Sewing Bee Semi Finalist)
Location: Sewing Direct, 1-5 Handley Arcade, Leeming Street, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 1NQ
Date:Saturday 2nd December 2023 | Saturday 6th January 2024 | Saturday 3rd February 2024 | Saturday 2nd March 2024 | Saturday 6th April 2024 | Saturday 11th May 2024 | Saturday 1st June 2024 | Saturday 6th July 2024 | Saturday 10th August 2024 | Saturday 6th October 2024 | Saturday 2nd November 2024 | Saturday 7th December 2024
Duration: 4 hours
Time: 10.00 am till 2.00 pm
Please Note: Any under 14’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Classes will be held upstairs. We are more than happy to assist in carrying machines and bags!
What you will need:
- Your own sewing project OR
- A pattern, fabric to make a toile (polycotton or calico) and pins*
- Your own sewing machine or overlocker (should this be a problem, please contact us prior to booking)
This class is suitable for beginners and intermediates.
Are you new at dressmaking or are you experienced but stuck on a particular element of your project? Do you have a pattern you want to make but don't know where to start? Do you want help with zips, buttonholes, pockets, collars or facings? Then this is the perfect session for you! You will have access to Tracey Symonds from the Great British Sewing Bee and her extensive knowledge.
She will be able to advise you of the right pattern for you to cut and make, advise on adjustments that might be needed, show you her techniques and much more!
All you need to bring is your sewing kit and machine, a pattern if you have it and some cheap fabric to make up your first one and check your fitting. If it’s something you are stuck on, just bring that project and we'll get you back on track.
There is no formal break, but as this class runs over lunchtime, please bring a snack or some lunch with you as necessary.
The serious stuff: Terms and Conditions
The following has been set out for the benefit of both you the Customer, and Sewing Direct Mansfield, the Provider:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking
- Unfortunately, places can’t be reserved
- We can accept Sewing Direct Gift Vouchers as full or part payment
- Loyalty Cards can’t be used when paying for classes/workshops
- All bookings will be subject to our Cancellation Policy
- All classes/workshops must have a minimum of 3 places booked in order for them to run
- If you are attending any class/workshop for beginners and bringing your own sewing machine, please ensure it is in full working order with no parts missing and bring your instruction manual. Any ill maintained machines may be subject to refusal. In this instance, you will be required to hire one of our machines
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Should Sewing Direct Mansfield need to cancel the class/workshop due to unforeseen circumstances or if minimum class numbers have not been reached, a full refund will be given.
Should you need to cancel for any reason, the following applies:
- If you cancel up to 10 days before the date of the class/workshop, a full refund will be given. Alternately, you may transfer your payment to another class/workshop, subject to availability
- If you cancel with less than 10 days and up to 24 hours before the date of the class/workshop, and we are unable to fill your space, unfortunately a refund will not be given. We will however, offer a 10% discount should you wish to book an alternative date (must be booked at the same time as your cancellation)
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, unfortunately a refund will not be given
- A refund will not be given for non-attendance on the day
- All monies eligible for a refund will not be paid until after the class/workshop has taken place unless we have made the cancellation.